Not just a cliche, you know this now, for sure:
Raven Classic soars…seriously…nimble to play, in tune with lush, multidimensional musicality—no denying it—no peers and no arguments.
But what if…
What if you want to step up the power a notch or 12 and crush everyone within earshot with muscular mids that make grown men (with other guitars) cry?
Flat out Guitar Horsepower.
Time to meet: Superbird!
A new and oh, oh so cool Raven—but built in a very particular way and on a very particular platform—to maximize and project midrange performance—with svelte and chiseled good looks; now known as Raven Superbird.
After all, its older sibling is Cobra—could it be anything else but aggressive…and way-cool?
Short and to the point, Raven Superbird is a Raven with:
- Scale Length: 24 3/4-inch
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Mahogany with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Pickups: All Anderson Pickup options available
- Switching: Anderson All-Access 3-Way Switching
Power your way through everything with alternative style and musical grace. Thanks to its Anderson musical heritage, this “bird” can sing—as well as crush.
Shown in: Transparent Amber, this finish lets the Mahogany body’s natural underlying grain and coloration shine through.
Could your musical life get more fun than this? No it could not! And how good is that!?
Roy’s note: Many have asked about this one’s particular Switching function after noticing the 3 mini-toggles located between the Volume and Tone Controls.
Simply, initial control of all Raven pickup selection is done by way of the Big 3-Way Toggle located on the Upper Horn. This is primary Raven switching control—and all you need if the basics are your preference.
But…for this particular Superbird, Dave’s Guitar Shop opted for more versatility—to utilize the full bouquet of the Anderson Pickupworks Pickups.
- Big 3-Way on Upper Horn: – Selects Pickups in Play - completely traditional function
- 1st Mini Toggle: VA Boost
- 2nd Mini Toggle: Cut for Neck Pickup (you know, like splitting the pickup)
- 3nd Mini Toggle: Cut for Bridge Pickup (again, like splitting the pickup)
This simple setup offers 16 useable sounds from a traditional 3-Way—super cool.
Of course, you can get yours any way you like it. The most commonly ordered is: Big 3-Way with 2 mini-toggle cut-switches—for 8 sounds.
- MODEL: – Raven Superbird
- Body Style: – Solid
- SCALE LENGTH: – Shorty - 24 3/4-inch
- BODY WOOD: – Mahogany—Anderson-Select Lightweight & Resonant
- FINISH: – Transparent Amber
- NECK WOOD: – Mahogany Back with Rosewood Fingerboard
- HEADSTOCK FINISH: – Matching Gloss
- NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
- NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium
- NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
- FRETS: – Low-Rise—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
- BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo—Exclusive Anderson Design
- TUNING GEAR: – Locking
- HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
- NECK PICKUP: – PH1-
- MIDDLE PICKUP: – none
- BRIDGE PICKUP: – PH2
- PICKGUARD: – Black
- SWITCHING: – Big 3-Way Toggle with 2 Cut Switches & VA Boost mini toggles
- PICKUP COVERS: – Open-Face Nickel
- SWITCH TIP: – Black
- STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
- DESTINATION/LOCATION: – NAMM Show - Dave’s Guitar Shop, LaCrosse, Wisconsin