Welcome to the
NAMM Show Extravaganza
The Winter NAMM Show is the music industry’s biggest tradeshow. Every year it is held at the Anaheim Convention Center, in California—right across the street from Disneyland. As usual, there was a non-stop, four-day party in the Anderson booth, where we played host to as many people as we could possible fit in the booth at one time. If you have ever seen the Marx Brother’s movie, “A Night at the Opera,” it looked like a reenactment of their famous stateroom scene. (Tom’s the one with his eyes closed.) We had a very fun time, with loads of gorgeous playing and sounding guitars.
For the next few weeks we will give you a glimpse into our adventures, so you can be there with us. And we will tell you which Anderson dealer now has the exclusive NAMM Guitar we are sharing with you.
Anderson Artists abounded as Michael Britt stepped into our booth at the NAMM Show.
Michael is one of the founding members and main guitar player with the band Lonestar. An intelligent, experienced and very nice man, he spoke rationally concerning all subjects, musical and not…until he caught a glimpse of this Hollow Atom! At that moment all rationality went out the window—figuratively speaking, of course.
So, who could blame him?
The dynamics of its gorgeous Flamed Maple Top is accented with the wise choice of an Arctic Blue Burst finish. A full complement of impressive Anderson, M-Series pickups deliver bigger-than-life single coil tone in all 8 positions of the 5-Way switching system. Its distinguished persona reaches a pinnacle with the incorporation of an Anderson-altered Bigsby tailpiece, breathing stylized vitality and enjoyment into all tremolo duties—and always in tune.
How cool is that?
Well, as a highly trained and skilled professional, Michael Britt sure thought so, as he came to the undebatable realization that his next Anderson Guitar must be the 3M, Bigsby equipped, Hollow Atom. In fact we have our suspicions that Michael found this to be an especially delicious guitar. Gorgeous and dynamic tones were flowing from the Anderson booth as he put this one through its paces.
On its way to our joyous Japanese dealers, Michael contemplates the color of his very own Hollow Atom.
• MODEL: – Hollow Atom
• FINISH: – Arctic Blue Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Flame Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – Same
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany Back with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching Gloss
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Matching Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Atom Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Wraparound—Exclusive Anderson/Pigtail
• TAILPIECE: – Bigsby Tremolo—Anderson Modified
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – M1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – M1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – M3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull Switch—for 8 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: Japanese Anderson Dealer