to the other Happiest Place on Earth:
The 4th installment of the:
Anderson Guitarworks 2012 NAMM Extravaganza
continues with Teddy.
And who is this Teddy when he is not at home? (Read below the NAMM logo and thumbnail pictures)
Anderson Note: A quick click on the Anderson/NAMM logo takes you back to all the previous NAMM 2012 instruments to further fulfill your Anderson NAMM enjoyment by reexperiencing what you already loved or catching up on what you missed.
A Look Back?
Stay tuned to Guitar of the Week for all the 2012 NAMM guitars to show their faces here. For now, click the thumbnails below and enjoy
So now, who is this Teddy person when he is not at home?
Well, Teddy is the head of Make’n Music in Chicago—an amazing world-class Music store. Musicians who visit Chicago always want to pay and play Make’n Music a visit—such and amazing place.
Teddy and Make’n Music co-specced this beautiful Cobra S for NAMM with us, finishing it with a cool new color: Natural Black, accompanied by a Natural wood finish on the Mahogany body back and an All-Rosewood neck. Really stunning. Yes, this Cobra S was a really, really big deal at NAMM.
So stunning in fact that this Cobra S won the desired and prestigious award for: ”Best Natural Finished Cobra at NAMM”—rumored to be an award everyone would like to win—but only one can—and Make’n Music got it.
Teddy also won this same award last year at the 2011 Show when Make’n specced the Natural Blue Cobra that started it all—but that is another story.
And if this wasn’t enough illustrious awards for one person, Teddy also found himself the recipient of the highly desired: “Pose Like Gene Simons With A Cool Cobra” award. Notice Ted’s tongue technique in the picture. That is what catapulted him to success this year in this coveted category.
On to Cobra S assets:
The whole thing about the Cobra S, or any member of the Cobra-family for that matter, is that Cobra S will do what no other guitar can do. Cobra has been an Anderson staple for years (since 1992).
Cobra’s specialty is:
• Mahogany body back
• Mahogany neck back (unless an exotic all-Rosewood neck is selected)
24 ¾-inch scale length in unique combination with:
• Single plane neck-to-body geometry
• String-through-the-body bridge options
All this gives a friendly, familiar and fast feeling design that roars with an aggressive mahogany voice while retaining low-string clarity and vibrancy—so great at covering “all the bases” that many players actually refer to themselves as “Cobra Players” and Cobra S is the unparalleled S-body version of our Cobra family.
Once you play one your world is changed forever—for the better! Love it!
• MODEL: – Cobra S
• FINISH: – Natural Black with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Flame Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – all-Rosewood
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Natural Gloss
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – HF1+
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – n/a
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – HF3+
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull to split 3—for 6 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – Cream
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Make’n Music/Chicago, Illinois