It seems like just last week we met to unravel the mystery of the force that binds an Atom together. The reason it seems as such is because it really was just one week ago when we discovered the inner workings of the ingenious A-Wedgie neck joint—a literal revolution to guitar building as we know it. If you have not yet experienced A-Wedgie, it is time to turn around and look back at the fun we’ve been having.
Other intriguing claims were also bantered about at the same time—something concerning Atom’s feel, sound and geometry differing entirely from anything else bearing the distinguished “A” logo. In fact, Atom was clearly referenced as, “the other Anderson Guitar.”
As Dave—the gifted man responsible for Final Assembly duties regarding this beautifully Quilted Maple topped, Dark Cherry Bursted, Atom—wails away on its formidable twin humbucker layout, he is experiencing and truly enjoying Atom geometry. What is it? It is one of the characteristics that makes Atom unique to the illustrious Anderson lineup.
Put into words, it begins with the hang when strapped on. Balanced wonderfully well, it naturally centers itself on your body in such a way as to offer everything within an extremely comfortable operating distance. You instantly become one, whether standing or seated.
Looking downward, the bonding process progresses naturally. The first notable Anderson variant is a tipped-back neck angle and top-mounted Wraparound bridge. As chording hand enwraps the silky smooth, matching color, satin finished neck, the left hand (or right if you play lefty) extends comfortably toward the neck side, gently granting a pleasingly neutral playing position—not too far left or right.
The moderate cut of the forearm contour welcomes your picking hand and gracefully aligns the wrist with the top-mounted bridge and angled string plane. Picking just flows. A variable-edge radius sweeping across the top, back edge of the body creates a clandestine body contour that puts you in comfortable contact with the extreme natural resonance of this all-new and yet very familiar feeling instrument.
Your friend and ours, Dave, can feel it now. It is deep in his soul. But do not be concerned, it will be your turn next. And once you play it, you will be sure—sure that you are in love with another—“the other Anderson.”
• MODEL: – Atom
• FINISH: – Dark Cherry Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – Transparent Dark Cherry
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Transparent Dark Cherry Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Atom Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Wraparound—Exclusive Anderson/Pigtail
• TAILPIECE: – N/A
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – H1-
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – N/A
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – H2
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull Switch—for 6 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: Indoor Storm/Raleigh, North Carolina