Hey mister, what’s in the big brown bag with the A-logo? Why, it looks like it could be the one-and-only…Jesse. If it is, this is the man everyone wants to know—and not just because he is so good looking that many people confuse him with Brad Pitt—but because he is the one who runs the entire wood operation here at Anderson Guitarworks.
Yes, if this is Jesse, he is the person who selects and sculpts the wood that will be used in the creation of your guitar and is responsible for the exclusive Tubular Quilted top that is the crowning glory of this Honey Burst, Atom. And if that already isn’t enough accolades for this masked man to bear, another added bonus is that he is a superb guitar player with a very sweet touch, and possesses a highly developed intellect. Some might say that he has a wonderful life—and he does—but it is not exactly all roses.
When you are this popular and this loved, and the one who chooses the maple tops for all the guitars, you are in demand…by everyone! Consequently, his true identity must forever remain a mystery—much the same as Batman or Zorro, but in a guitar wood sort of way. Hey, true greatness has a cost too.
If this Honey Burst, Atom has a familiar look, you have sharp Guitar of the Week eyes. It did appear a mere three weeks ago in a montage shot of the first departing Atoms. Now headed to Northwest Guitars in Bellevue, Washington, we were unable to resist a one-on-one photo session of its own once Jesse strapped it on—if that is who’s really under the bag—no peeking.
• MODEL: – Atom
• FINISH: – Honey Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Tubular Quilt Maple Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Mahogany with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Matching Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Atom Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Wraparound—Exclusive Anderson/Pigtail
• TAILPIECE: – N/A
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – M1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – M1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – H2
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Push/Pull Switch—for 8 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: Northwest Guitars/Bellevue, Washington