It certainly seems as though we’ve been having a regular M-Series Pickup-fest lately, with quite a few of the recent Guitar of the Weeks being outfitted accordingly. But once you have experienced these coils in action and onboard an Anderson, all will become clear.
Anderson membership has its privileges. Pull up a chair and lean in. We have something to tell you—but you can’t say we blabbed. Okay, here it is: the Metallic Orange, M-Series, Classic pictured here was ordered and is now owned by a very high-ranking official in another major guitar company—and this is not the first. Although he plays his own guitars as well, he knows a good thing when he feels and hears it.
And why wouldn’t he? After all, this is The Classic! And the Metallic Orange with a Tortoise Shell Pickguard that our Mystery Player specced out not only features the substantial woody character of an optional alder body, it is perfectly matched to a Maple neck with an exotic Indian Rosewood fingerboard. Furthermore, he chose a +.050 T/A Standard neck back-shape and 1 11/16-inch nut-width to give him something of medium-girth to negotiate while flying over the slickened Stainless Steel fret surfaces of its 25 ½-inch scale length. This combination speaks volumes from stage.
When our unnamed associate saw and heard the new M-Series pickups displayed at the winter NAMM Show for the first time, he knew he must have a Classic equipped just this way if he were to command the biggest single coil tones on earth. As he held one close for the first time he was moved by…
Uh oh, someone’s coming. We can say no more!
• MODEL: – The Classic
• FINISH: – Metallic Orange
• BODY WOOD: – Alder
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple with Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Satin with Vintage Tint
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – +.050 T/A Standard
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 25 1/2-inch
• FRETS: – Heavy—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Vintage Tremolo
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Tortoise
• NECK PICKUP: – M1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – M1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – M3
• SWITCHING: – 5-Way with Add-Bridge Push/Pull & Bridge Split Toggle—for 11 Sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .009-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Top Secret