A Tobacco Burst, “T-style” guitar? Timelessly cool, it’s true but haven’t we seen this all before?
Well actually…in a word…
This Tobacco Burst “T-guitar” is an entirely new entity, from Anderson Guitarworks. Of course, being an Anderson, it’s a peerlessly playing and magnificent sounding instrument—no question about that.
There is so much more to this “T” than you can see (I love how that rhymes) at first glance.
So, without further ado, and no more fooling around (for a moment or two, anyway), it is time that you meet:
Hollow Short “T”
In the world of Anderson Guitarworks, the Hollow Short T is a member of the Short “T” family of guitars. But what is that you ask? Well, allow us to elaborate.
For starters, the short and sweet of it all, is:
Short “T” characteristics:
• Let’s start with the name, shall we? Pronounced: Shorty, for short.
How is this possible?
Short “T” attributes:
• Short “T” is a shorter, 24 ¾-inch scale length, traditional (pickguard) T-style guitar—like a Hollow T Classic or T-Classic but with the shorter scale length.
• Visually indiscernible from our Hollow T Classic and T-Classic models—until close and carefully examination reveals it’s shorterness—even playing it you might not know ‘til you know. You would just think it is the easiest “T” you have ever had the pleasure to play. Just imagine the surprise on your drummer and bass player’s faces when you stomp through your guitar parts with total “T” bigness and dominance.
• More mid-focused tonality while still remaining traditional in its roots and overall “T-guitar” demeanor.
Short “T” options:
• Stout—like dark beer or French roast coffee—a robust, full and bountiful presentation while not loosing the important and dominate signature presentation that only a “T-style” axe can bring forth.
• A “T” for those who want their “T” to have more Tenacity.
• Smooth, slinkier, more effortless playing feel because of the slightly decreased string tension—you could butter your toast with this guitar.
• All the traditional “T” character is still totally intact, but in an effortlessly bigger way—more forgiving—all the articulation but none of the harsh edge that can leave the unaccustomed “T-player” slightly sonically striving.
• If you have always wanted to have and to hold a “T” but have wondered if there is enough oomph for you—now there is—enough oomph for days! (…or is the word “daze”? Enough oomph to daze…for days….alright…enough of that.)
• The Short “T” also offers the opportunity to increase string gauge to the next level—even if you are only feeling half way up to the challenge—which of course will offer an even bigger tone.
• More legato presentation of notes.
• An easier reach between frets.
• Singing tone with more natural saturation and bloom on the attack.
o Hollow or solid versions
o Contours or not—forearm and body-back contours or traditional flat body
• Body woods:
o Swamp Ash
o Swamp Ash top on Alder back
o Flame or Quilt Maple top on Alder back
o Flame or Quilt Maple top on Swamp Ash back
o Rosewood Top on Alder back
• Neck woods:
o Maple with a Rosewood fingerboard
o Chocolate Maple (more on this later—so cool)
• Pickups: twin pickup layout of:
o T or S-Series
o Or any combination thereof
o 3 or 5-way switching—whichever is applicable to the pickups chosen—amazingly versatile and so simple to use, even with all the Anderson attributes—like: Add-Bridge, VA Boost, Kickback and All-Quiet options
But perhaps the best part about a Short “T” is that we can make one for you—and it will be every bit as excellent as what we would build for any high-profile artist from any high-profile band because every Anderson guitar is as perfect as we can make ‘em—always—for everyone—equally. How cool is that? Pretty darn cool!
Editor’s Note: Click me for more Short “T” info
• MODEL: – Hollow Short “T”
• FINISH: – Tobacco Burst
• BODY WOOD: – Alder Top with Alder Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: – Maple
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Vintage Tinted Satin
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Vintage Tinted Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Medium—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Fixed Bridge
• TUNING GEAR: – Split Shaft—staggered height
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – Mint White
• NECK PICKUP: – TF1
• MIDDLE PICKUP: – N/A
• BRIDGE PICKUP: –TF3
• SWITCHING: – 3-Way w VA Booster—for 6 hum-free sounds
• PICKUP COVERS: – N/A
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: – Eddie’s Guitars/St. Louis, Missouri