You are endowed with special gifts—everyone is—no exceptions. And when you offer your gifts to the world it enriches you at the same time you give to others. It is balance. Yes, it is the gifts we give that also give to us.
Wasn’t it enough to create the magnificent Bulldog?
Of course it was; a superb new guitar with:
• Gorgeous single cut-away styling
• Tilt-back, neck-to-body geometry
• Lightweight tune-o-matic type bridge
• Extremely comfortable ergonomics all around
• Countersunk pickup rings, bridge and tailpiece look incredibly cool and facilitate relaxed picking hand and arm position—so nice
• Weighing in at under 8 pounds
There will be no letting go of this one before the night is through. It could conceivably become your constant companion. Don’t worry, no one would blame you.
A bullet-proof, three-on-a-side headstock design boasts unprecedented strength and virtually straight string pull through the nut for unparalleled tuning stability and intonation. Playing in tune all the time is such a nice thing to do.
Anderson neck-magic reigns supreme with Bulldog, as well. Flawless playability—smooth, fast and sleek—is the result.
And Bulldog is so surprisingly resonate that it sounds impressively loud even unplugged.
“Hey, turn that guitar down!”
“I can’t, I’m not even plugged in yet!”
So then…we ask again,
“Wasn’t it enough to create the magnificent Bulldog?”
In a word (or two): Yes…and…No…
Yes, because from the moment Bulldog came into this world and was loaded with its first set of majestic HC-series humbucking pickups, it was a deeply satisfying experience of pure humbucker bliss—and way beyond—thanks to Anderson’s simple 3-Way switching—so versatile that 8 hum-free sounds pour forth from a traditional twin humbucker layout. Never leaves you caught without a sound. Really good!
No, because from the moment Bulldog came into this world and was loaded with its first majestic set of HC-series humbucking pickups, we loved them—but we also longed for the “other sound”—the sound of Soapbar pickups—but quiet—no 60-cycle hum. Since we had never been satisfied with any quiet Soaps we had heard so far, we tucked a prototype Bulldog under our arm and headed into the Anderson Pickworks laboratories—not to return until we had it nailed!
We worked night and day and day and night—like Thomas Edison looking for tungsten.
And the result…OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soaps that are fat and full of life but with that sweet, stringy top-end character that only the best P-pickups can do with gusto.
Oh yes! Enter Anderson PQ-series pickups!
Loaded into a Bulldog, it is quaint, quiet excellence at its very best!
…And way beyond…
And why are we saying the phrase, “way beyond,” again?
Because, there is more simplistically supreme switching available for Bulldog with the P-pickup layout.
Thanks to Anderson’s simple 3-Way switching—so versatile that 8 hum-free sounds pour forth from a traditional twin Soapbar pickup layout, as well. Never leaves you caught without a sound. Really good!
It is Brian Meader at Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center who grabbed this first PQ-series Bulldog. He is ready to show you, all that this “other” magnificent Bulldog can do.
• MODEL: – Bulldog
• FINISH: – Tiger Eye Burst with Binding
• BODY WOOD: – Flame Maple Carved Top with Mahogany Back
• BODY WOOD BACK COLOR: – same
• NECK WOOD: –Mahogany Back with Rosewood Fingerboard
• HEADSTOCK COLOR: – Matching Gloss
• NECK BACK FINISH: – Natural Satin
• NECK BACKSHAPE: – Happy Medium
• NUT WIDTH: – 1 11/16-inch
• SCALE LENGTH: – 24 3/4-inch
• FRETS: – Low-Rise—Exclusive Anderson Stainless Steel
• BRIDGE: – Tuneomatic—lightweight
• TAILPIECE: – Stop Tailpiece—lightweight
• TUNING GEAR: – Locking
• HARDWARE COLOR: – Chrome
• PICKGUARD: – N/A
• NECK PICKUP: – PQ1
• BRIDGE PICKUP: – PQ2
• SWITCHING: – 3-Way, 4 Knob with Push/Pull Switches
• PICKUP COVERS: – Cream
• PICKUP RINGS: – N/A
• KNOBS: – Black
• SWITCH TIP: – Black
• STRING GAUGE REQUESTED: – .010-.046 Elixir® with NANOWEB® Coating
• DESTINATION/LOCATION: Washington Music Center/Wheaton, Maryland