Short T is a new branch of the T-family from Anderson Guitarworks—so cool. Shorter scale–length (24 3/4-inch) versions of all our “T” style guitars. We call 'em Shorty for short.
“T” Classic Shorty
Love it! You will when you play it—no doubt about that.
So here's the story, short & sweet:
Short T is a shorter, 24 3/4-inch scale length, T-style guitar with customary pickguard—like our Hollow T Classic or T Classic but with the shorter scale length. Only the services of traditional "long-scale" woods are enlisted to insure that all desired T-ness remains soundly in tact.
Are you asking:
...and why, what are the beneficial benefits of the new Anderson attributes attained by way of the Short T?
What a question, but here it is in short form:
- a more mid-focused tone while still remaining traditional in its overall “T-guitar” demeanor
- easier ability to monopolize overdrive—saturates so nicely
- very smooth, slinkier, more effortless feel
- opportunity to increase string gauge to the next level—even if you are only feeling half way up to the challenge—which of course will offer an even bigger tone
- more legato presentation of notes
- an easier reach between frets
- singing tone with more natural saturation and bloom on the attack
- more forgiving approach for those players who are slightly uncomfortable with how “up front” a regular “T” predominately presents everything played
- Overall, very wonderful to just hold and play—all good
- So close in appearance to our regular T-Classic that no one will know your shorty secret...but us.